Louisa Matilda Moss
F, #2221, b. 21 Dec 1832, d. 1 Apr 1886
|Father*||Henry Moss b. 1807, d. 29 Aug 1889|
|Mother*||Matilda Hill b. 1810, d. 28 Apr 1886|
|(Stone) Burial (Grave)|| Church of England Section FF, Melbourne General Cemetery, Carlton, VIC, Australia, |
; In memory of Louisa Matilda wife of Capt. Harry HALL who died 1 Apr 1886 age 54.
Also Marion Rebecca Daughter of the above age 9 mths.
Also Capt. Harry HALL 7 May 1903
age 66 yrs.1
|Birth*||21 Dec 1832||C055632 baptised St Mary Newington, Surrey.2,3|
|Marriage*||1856|| Spouse: William Wilberforce Smith. VIC, Australia, #M385.4|
|(Migrant) Migration/Travel||Jan 1856|| Sailing with Henry Moss, Matilda Hill, Henry Edwardes Moss, Ellen Robinson to Port Phillip, VIC, Australia. Ship Clasmerden |
|Marriage*||1864|| Spouse: Capt Harry Hall. VIC, Australia, #M2591.6|
|Death*||1 Apr 1886||Army & Navy Hotel, Dow-street, Port Melbourne, VIC, Australia, #D6790 (Age 53.)2|
|Death-Notice*||3 Apr 1886||HALL. —On the 1st inst., at her residence, Army and Navy Hotel, Dow-street, Port Melbourne, Louisa Matilda, the beloved wife of Captain H. Hall, in the 53rd year of her age.|
THE Friends of CAPTAIN H. HALL are respectfully invited to follow the remains of his late beloved wife, Louisa Matilda.
The funeral is appointed to leave his residence, Army and Navy Hotel, Dow-street, Port Melbourne, at 3 o'clock p.m. THIS DAY (Saturday), April 3, 1886) for Trinity Church, Port Melbourne, thence to the place of interment, Melbourne General cemetery.7
|Probate (Will)*||9 Dec 1887||35/589 Admin Married Woman.8|
|William Wilberforce Smith|
|Child||1.||Sophia Matilda Smith+ b. 1857, d. Jan 1947|
- [S45] Index of monumental inscriptions in the Melbourne General Cemetery,
"Melbourne General Cemetery memorial transcriptions [to 1989]
Author/compiler: Genealogical Society of Victoria & Australian Institute of Genealogical Studies."
- [S1] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Pioneer Index Victoria 1836-1888 "#D6790 (Age 53)."
- [S31] IGI "C055632 baptised St Mary Newington, Surrey 14 Feb 1833."
- [S1] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Pioneer Index Victoria 1836-1888 "#M385."
- [S36] Inward & outward passenger lists to and from Victoria. Series: VPRS 14; 7666; 7667; 7786); PROV (Public Records Office Victoria), B104 001.
- [S1] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Pioneer Index Victoria 1836-1888 "#M2591 - married as Louisa Matilda MOSS."
- [S11] Newspaper - Argus 3 Apr 1886, p1.
- [S35] Probate Records, PROV (Public Records Office Victoria), 35/589 Admin Married Woman.
|Last Edited||23 Mar 2019|
Sophia Matilda Smith
F, #2223, b. 1857, d. Jan 1947
|Father*||William Wilberforce Smith|
|Mother*||Louisa Matilda Moss b. 21 Dec 1832, d. 1 Apr 1886|
|(Interred) Burial (Grave)|| C/E C1029,a & C/E C1030,a, Boroondara Cemetery, Kew, VIC, Australia, |
; Sacred to the memory of Matilda, wife of Henry MOSS, d 28 Apr 1886, aged 77 years, also Henry, husband of above, b 17 Jun 1807, d 29 Aug 1889, also Henry Edwardes MOSS, d 1 Sep 1891, aged 61 years.
In loving memory of Alice, d 18 Jun 1945, aged 50 years, beloved wife of Richard P. C. MOSS, d 14 Jan 1954.
Rev Arthur Estal SEDSMAN, d 17 Aug 1971, aged 84 years, also Margaret, his beloved wife, d 27 Dec 1975, aged 62 years, our beloved Mother.
In loving memory of Ellen, wife of Edwardes MOSS, d 28 Apr 1917, aged 92 years.1,2
|Birth*||1857||Emerald Hill, VIC, Australia, #B5367.3|
|Marriage*||17 Aug 1886|| Spouse: Edmund George Moss. Boscobel, Princes-street, Port Melbourne, VIC, Australia, #M3779V.4|
|Marriage-Notice*||28 Aug 1886||MOSS-SMITH.—On the 17th inst, at the residence of the bride's grandfather, Boscobel, Port Melbourne by the Rev W A Brooke, Edmund George Moss to Sophia Matilda Smith.5|
|Widow||31 Jul 1939||Sophia Matilda Smith became a widow upon the death of her husband Edmund George Moss.6|
|Death*||Jan 1947||Ferntree Gully, VIC, Australia, #D1013 (age 89.)7|
|Death-Notice*||18 Jan 1947||MOSS. - On January 14, Sophia, beloved wife of the late Edmund, and loving mother of Mary (deceased), Gwendolyne, Michael, Bernard, and Hugh, loved grandma of Geoffrey, great-grandmother of Ian, aged 89 years. - In God's care.8|
- [S46] Index of burials in the cemetery of Boroondara, Kew,
C1029: Henry MOSS; Henry MOSS (grandson); Edm George MOSS (husband of Sophie)
C1030: Matilda MOSS; Henry Edwards MOSS; Ellen MOSS (his wife); Sophia Matilda MOSS.
- [S20] Various indexed records of GSV - Genealogical Society Victoria "Boroondara Memorial Inscriptions compiled by Port Philip Pioneers Group Inc 1993."
- [S1] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Pioneer Index Victoria 1836-1888 "#B5367."
- [S1] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Pioneer Index Victoria 1836-1888 "#M3779V."
- [S11] Newspaper - Argus 28 Aug 1886, p1.
- [S5] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Death Index Victoria 1921-1985 "#D7385 (Age 82) [par Edw Geo Oxley MOSS & Mary FYLE]."
- [S5] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Death Index Victoria 1921-1985 "#D1013 (age 89)."
- [S11] Newspaper - Argus 18 Jan 1947 p23.
- [S11] Newspaper - Argus 27 Apr 1888, p1.
|Last Edited||23 Mar 2019|